From 1980 a simple postcard commemorating the twenty -first anniversary of the election of Margaret Thatcher as an MP. There is a brief bio on the back.
Not exactly Irish, but got sent these and thought they were worth posting….
Some cards from UK Anarchist group Class War.
Election Leaflet for Tony O’Hara -H-Block -1981 Dublin West March 30, 2010
Firstly many thanks to the donor.
From the 1981 General Election Tony O’Hara (also refered to as Anthony),running on a H Block ticket in Dublin West.
Tony O’Hara was the brother of deceased hunger striker Patsy O’Hara. He recieved 3,034 votes.
For those like myself who lived through the time of the Hunger Strike this leaflet brings back memories. Memories of the posters of the Hunger Strikers,the posters of Maggie Thatcher Wanted for murder, people wearing Black armbands, black flags on lampposts and the other protest marches in Dublin at the time.
In the leaflet, amongst others things are a biography of Tony O’Hara and The Hunger Strikers Five Demands
1. The right to wear their own clothes.
2. The right to refrain from compulsory do prison work, use the time for education in vocational, craft or culture fields.
3. Free association with other political prisoners
4. One letter, one parcel and one visit per week.
5. Restoration of remission of sentence lost through the protest.